About the Job
Junior IT Third Line Support Engineer
Reports to: IT Service Desk Manager
£39,000 - £42,000, depending upon experience
Our client is seeking a IT Service Desk delivers exceptional IT support to all departments within the company.
All candidates should be technically competent and have a real desire to be helpful and assist colleagues with their IT requirements. They will have a service-minded mentality, so as to provide an excellent level of service to people across the company, of varying seniority. In addition, they should be concerned with efficiency and have methodical organisation skills.
In return, they can expect a friendly, hardworking but flexible environment where growth and development is actively encouraged, as well as fantastic office premises.
- To deliver excellent customer service in providing Third Line support to the Company's IT and Telecoms systems and users.
- To provide support for main business applications (Windows, Office and Mac operating systems).
- To be a go to technical resource within the IT Department, keeping the back end IT infrastructure working reliably and performing optimally as well as investigating ways to improve the service that is delivered to the business.
- Act as Junior Third Line technical point of contact for all IT support issues., taking Second Line queries as and when required.
- Ensure all technology services run reliably and perform optimally.
- Monitor systems and provide proactive support.
- Carry out regular maintenance on all back end technology services.
- Analyse the use of technology within the business and recommend improvements where appropriate.
- Ensure all technology solutions are fully documented.
- Run technology implementation projects alongside support duties.
- Provide training to the First and Second Line support engineers.
- Support a wide variety of internal and external end-user software and hardware (computer and telecoms).
- Use service desk software to effectively manage all support requests.
- Resolve and take complete ownership of all notified support issues, promptly, courteously and professionally to agreed service levels (SLAs).
- Ensure all installations and support resolutions are thoroughly checked and tested before commissioning.
- Employ effective communication with internal service users concerning support issues.
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Keen focus on Leadership and Mentoring, with a willingness to help develop others
- Gets things done and delivers to high standards
- Attention to detail
- Concerned with efficiency and focused on continuous improvement
- Confident communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Creative, energetic and driven
- A flexible attitude
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years' experience within an IT support role, in a demanding environment
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Driving licence (essential) and own vehicle (desirable)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Server OSes including: Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2016
- Extensive knowledge of VMware vSphere.
- Expert use of Active Directory services and group policy.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 / 2013/ 2014 administration
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2008 administration.
- Broad ability to deploy, configure and manage Microsoft IIS administration.
- Good working knowledge of SANs.
- Ability to use Scripting tools.
- Good understanding of network topologies.
- Strong systems analysis.
- Any experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics, Skype for Business / Lync, SharePoint, NPS, Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, AirWatch, WSUS, SCCM and Scality would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable ability to create and follow documented processes as well as experience working with change control.